On 7 and 8 April, AT&T and the Czech Telecommunication Office (CTU) will host a hackathon on Internet of Things & Data Analytics. The event is open to developers and non-developers alike.
The participants will compete for prizes valued at approximately USD$20,000
- Grand Prize - USD$10,000
- 2nd Place - USD$2,000
- 3rd Place - USD$1,000 Best Use of Open Source by CZ.NIC - USD$1,000
- Winning teams also receive mentoring from Credo Ventures & Y Soft Ventures
- 5 randomly selected contestants will share Nanodegree scholarships funded by AT&T and Udacity worth approximately USD$10,000
Theme: Internet of Things & Data Analytics – under any of the following categories.
- Smart Cities : Help cities use technology to better serve their citizens. Areas could include ﬁrst responders, public health, public safety, security, traﬃc and transportation.
- Healthcare: Allow physicians, medical administrators, or home providers to improve care experiences through automation of common tasks needed to provide medical or rehabilitative care.
- Sustainability: Bring automation to eﬀorts that enable meaningful social and environmental beneﬁts. From connecting students or classrooms to helping preserve natural resources.
- Home: Create home automation solutions related to security, child or senior safety, or real-time monitoring.
- Open Data: Use open data provided by the Czech Republic’s public administrations to better serve citizens, or interpret and make visualization of the various open data ﬁles.
The event will take place at the Holiday Inn – Brno, Czech Republic. Krížkovského 20, 603 00. It can be also followed on Twitter with #V4Hack2017.
The registration begins at 11 a.m. on 7 April. The hackathon will conclude at 2 p.m. on 8 April.