This conference will assess the implementation of Directive 2004/48/EC on the civil enforcement of intellectual property rights and its proposed revision. Procedural issues related to intellectual property litigation will be discussed on the basis of national and CJEU case law. Alternative measures such as ADR and voluntary mechanisms will be explored.
- Assessment of the implementation of Directive 2004/48/EC and possible review
- Update on the EU Action Plan adopted in 2014 Towards a Renewed Consensus on the Enforcement of Intellectual Property Rights: due diligence in supply chains and how to tackle misplacement of advertising on IP-infringing websites?
- Procedural issues in court proceedings, including solutions provided by judgments of the CJEU and national courts on remedies and legal costs, gathering of evidence, right of information
- Open legal issues regarding cross-border execution of injunctions and the role of intermediaries in intellectual property
- Seizure of goods in transit
- The EU Customs Action Plan to combat IPR infringements
Who should attend?
Lawyers in private practice specialised in intellectual property law, intellectual property litigators, judges, customs and other intellectual property enforcement authorities.