The aim of the Annual Conference on European Asylum Law 2017 is to provide legal practitioners with an update on the ongoing reforms aimed at tackling the refugee crisis. The specific needs of especially vulnerable asylum seekers will receive particular attention.
- Reform of the Common European Asylum System (CEAS)
- Responsibility-sharing mechanisms: Dublin system, hotspots, relocation and resettlement
- Role of the new EU Agency for Asylum (EASO+)
- EU/Turkey Statement and Partnership Frameworks
- Asylum-seekers with special needs
- Key recent case law of the EU Court of Justice and the European Court of Human Rights