This course will provide a thorough introduction to EU public procurement law.
- Essential concepts and principles in public procurement
- Public sector and utilities procurement
- Concessions and PPPs
- Remedies and enforcement
- Procurement by EU Institutions and bodies
- Sustainable procurement
- Interplay with competition and State aid rules
- International aspects
- Procurement process simulation
Participants will be able to deepen their knowledge through case studies and workshops.
- Christopher Bovis, Professor of Business Law, University of Hull
- Vera Eiró, Managing Associate, Linklaters; Visiting Professor, Catholic University and New University School of Law, Lisbon
- Luke Haasbeek, Member of the Legal Service, European Commission, Brussels
- Jakub Kodym, Head of Procurement Service Logistics, European Parliament, Luxembourg
- Pieter Kuypers, Partner, AKD, Brussels/Breda; Professor of European and National Procurement Law, Radboud University,
- Nicolas Pourbaix, Senior Counsel, Legal Director, International Legal Group, AMGEN, Brussels
Visit to the European Court of Justice
Participants in this summer course will also have the opportunity to visit the Court of Justice of the EU in Luxembourg.
Who should attend?
Practitioners seeking an introduction to European public procurement law.