The aim of this seminar is to inform in depth on the European Commission’s new company law package and to discuss the impact of the Whisteblower Proposal on boardroom deliberations. In this seminar the participants will review how the case law of the CJEU fits with the Commission’s narrative on transfer of seat and conversion.
You will learn
- the upcoming new Directives on company law
- the impact of Brexit on stakeholders
- how the Whistleblower Proposal from the European Commission could impact on corporate governance
- the latest changes in corporate governance in the EU
- recent case law on surveillance in the workplace: the effect on companies
- Jens Bormann, President of the German Federal Chamber of Notaries
- Tomasz v. Braun, Vice-Rector for International Affairs, Lazarski University; Founding Partner, G&T BRAUN Partners, Warsaw
- Pierre-Henri Conac, Professor of Commercial and Company Law, University of Luxembourg
- Francisco Garcimartin, Professor of Private International Law, Universidad Autónoma of Madrid
- Hans-Jürgen Hellwig, Partner, Hengeler Mueller, Frankfurt; Honorary Professor in European Company Law, University of Heidelberg
- Vanessa Knapp OBE, Independent Consultant; Member of the EU Informal Expert Group on Company Law; Chair of the Company Law Committee of the CCBE, London
- Bartłomiej Kurcz, Head of Company Law Team, DG Justice, European Commission, Brussels
- Dirk Van Gerven, Managing Partner, NautaDutilh, Brussels
Who should attend?
Lawyers specialised in company law & corporate governance, M&A lawyers, civil servants from ministries and national authorities.