This course will prepare you to manage public services in the most effective way for all your stakeholders. It will help you understand how to deliver service performance that meets the most important needs of your citizens and provides them with maximum value.
What you will learn in this course:
- The various approaches that different EU Member States take towards performance management
- How to decide which of these approaches works best for your organisation
- How to validate and report outcomes for public service performance against the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Better understand why your services perform as they do
- Match your public service performance with the priorities and needs of your citizens
- Accurately report the results of the services you deliver
- Analyse these results and benchmark them against your peers to get insights about the ideal ‘do’s and ‘don’t’s
- Use this analysis and understanding to improve the future performance of your services
Whom is this course for:
- Public sector service managers experienced in delivering and managing public services
- Auditors, consultants, and other stakeholders such as policy makers
This course will be very practice-based and interactive, to help you get the best understanding of how to improve service performance. So it includes:
- Plenty of examples and case studies to demonstrate how things work across the EU at the national and sub-national level, including a detailed demonstration of the Vensters approach in the Netherlands (Vensters are our partners in this course).
- Small exercises to help you get a practical understanding of the processes and challenges.
- The opportunity to make an action plan on how you can deliver public services in a way that has the most meaning and value for your citizens. You will also have ample time to discuss your plan with the experts and other participants and get their inputs.