10:00 - 10:30 Registration and welcome coffee
Possible discussion points:
- What are the characteristics of agricultural commodities markets?
- What benefits/impacts do commodities markets bring all actors involved?
- Agriculture commodity futures and options / Agricultural benchmarks - how does this function and what can be improved?
- Are agriculture commodities different than other commodities markets such as oil and metal? What are the main differences?
- Product standardization
- How do we ensure farmers’ empowerment in the food value chain?
- 2020 Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) Reform - What can we expect? End of quotas and price volatility?
- Incentivising the complementary use of risk management tools for EU food value chain actors – via insurance schemes, futures markets, etc.
- Creation of an EU Risk Management Platform
- Training programmes for actors in the food value chain
- Price transparency, Market integrity & convergence, where do we stand?
- How can we create liquid agriculture futures and derivatives markets and a well-functioning financial services infrastructure for agricultural commodities markets?
Six perspectives on commodities markets from the lens of different stakeholders followed by a panel discussion:
Fabien Santini Advisor to the Director on Markets and Observatories, DG AGRI, European Commission
Nicholas Kennedy Head of Commodities, Euronext
Prof. dr. hab. Andrzej Babuchowski President and CEO, Dairy Industry Innovation Institute, Poland
Philippe Mitko Public Affairs, InVivo Trading
Marta Zuluaga Zilbermann Director of Policy & Government Relations, Cargill
Conor Foley Global Head of Government Relations and Public Policy, Norton Rose Fulbright