This summer course will provide an introduction to the regulation and supervision of financial markets in the European Union. Participants will learn about the main challenges faced and the approaches adopted by EU regulators and supervisors.
- Scope of financial market regulation in the European Union
- The European supervisory architecture (EBA, ESMA & EIOPA), theSingle Supervisory Mechanism and the role of the ECB in the wake of the European Commission’s review
- Crisis management for financial institutions in the EU: recovery and resolution for systemically relevant financial institutions, bank insolvency framework
- Overview of the relevant rules: MiFID II, MiFIR, CRD in the light of Basel III, PSD2, UCITS and AIFMD
- Overview of the anti-money laundering regime and the 5th Directive
- FinTech: risks and benefits to financial markets; effect on banking and capital markets
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at legal practitioners seeking an introduction to the regulation and supervision of financial markets in the EU.