What you will learn
Innovative teaching-learning methodologies are used to explore different dynamics and through group work you understand the key concepts of Theory of Change and Strategic Planning. We critically reflect on our assumptions and their effect on influencing change. Applying participatory and other development methodologies you see your project through a Theory of Change lens.
Daily Course Objectives
Overview of Theory of Change and Strategic Planning
- definitions and key concepts - 4 Dimensions of Theory of Change
- relationship with M&E: complementarities and innovations
- desired change: understanding how change happens
- conditions of change
- ecosystem analysis.
Developing a Theory of Change
- assess our work: attribution or contribution to change?
- meta-skills and self-development in the ToC process
- explore pathways of change: alternative ways to contribute to change
- the power of assumptions: how does our thinking affect our actions?
Complexity, power and learning for social change
- stakeholder engagement: understanding complexity and power dynamics
- develop pathways of change: alternative ways to contribute to change
- indicators of change: how we know we are contributing to change.
Scenario Planning for Adaptive Strategies
- Scenario Building to improving contribution strategies
- 6 steps for future planning
- reflect on our assessment practices
Returning to work and integrating learning into practice
- revisit our M&E system from a different perspective
- meta-skills for facilitating Theory of Change processes
- learning synthesis and steps forward
16 Sep 2019 @ 09:00 am
20 Sep 2019 @ 05:00 pm
Duration: 4 days, 8 hours
301, Clock Tower Silo Centre, Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, V & A Waterfront,
8001 Cape Town