The goal of this highly-practical course/workshop extending over two full days is to present the following:
- Foreseen changes for the 2021-2027 programming period in the CPR and the state of play of its negotiations: simplified costs/financing not linked to costs, proportionate control arrangement, annual accounts and audits, conditionalities, performance in 2021-2027.
- Fraud: what is it? How do you combat it?
- Organisation, mission and procedures of the European Anti-Fraud office (OLAF) 2014-2020 and 2021-2027.
- Fraud in ESI Funds co -financed projects, with real-life examples presented by an OLAF expert.
- Arachne programme: practical tool of fraud prevention and detection for MS.
- ESF and ERDF audits: where are the differences? How does it function in the current programming period and what is foreseen to change in the 2021-2027?
- Main elements of the ESF/ERDF audit and how to plan an efficient ESF/ERDF audit.
- Main errors and irregularities in projects co-funded by the ESF/ERDF.
- ESF/ERDF audit findings in different Member States, including real case studies.
After the presentations, you will work in small groups with experts on practical case studies.
The unique feature of the course is the combined experience of experts from the European Commission and the European Anti-Fraud Office (OLAF).
How will it help you?
The course has a very practical and interactive character. All presentations given by audit experts from the public sector, the European Commission and the European Anti-Fraud Office (OLAF) include concrete examples and real-life case studies.
Who is this course for?
- Beneficiaries of ESI Funds and IPA II;
- Managing authorities, certifying authorities, audit authorities and intermediate bodies, as well as independent auditors dealing with or interested in ESF-funded projects and programmes;
- Universities, NGOs and consulting companies.
What will you be able to do with what you learn?
You will learn in a practical way about the main errors, irregularities and fraud in ESI Funds co-financed projects and about the way how ESF/ERDF audits should be carried out. You will also learn about the Arachne programme – the amazing tool for combating fraud, and its practical use.
17 Oct 2019 @ 09:00 am
18 Oct 2019 @ 04:45 pm
Duration: 1 days, 7 hours
Gran Hotel Havana
Gran Via de les Corts Catalanes, 647