What you will learn
The course focuses on individual or group development of spreadsheet-based systems for your own organisation using theoretical presentation, illustration and practical exercises, you will learn:
- the structure and operation of action learning-based model of process learning
- field assessment using cognitive mapping
- refinement of non-linear Theory of Change models (some prior knowledge assumed)
- managerially relevant and analytical output monitoring systems
- how to quantify intangible higher outcomes in an analytical way
- comparative analysis of all stages of the results chain
- how to conduct rapid qualitative reviews to investigate failed assumptions
- how to manage learning systems.
Daily Course Objectives
Introduction to learning process model and Real-Time Monitoring (RTM)
- use of Cognitive Mapping in Assessment
- participant's case, Theory of Change development
- operationalising Theory of Change.
Introduction to Activity To Output Monitoring (ATOM)
- work breakdown for ATOM
- creating ATOM spreadsheets and their interpretation
- generating 'S'-curves.
Introduction to measuring higher results, measuring intangibles
- Creation of Weighted Indexes (WEDEX)
- Calibrated Judgement Scoring (CAJUS)
- Management, presentation and interpretation of results.
Livelihood Asset-Status Tracking (LAST) example
- charting outcomes with rolling baselines
- workshop procedure for assessment sheet creation
- scoring assessment sheets
- precision tests.
Organising periodic assessments
- Ad-hoc Learning Exercises (ALEX) and reviews
- system management
- participants' strategies and group feedback.
2 Dec 2019 @ 09:00 am
6 Dec 2019 @ 05:00 pm
Duration: 4 days, 8 hours
Khwaeng Makkasan, Khet Ratchathewi, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon