The workshop focuses on the needs of participants' own organisations. IMA's model of RBM, developed and refined through years of practitioner experience and applied research, is used to examine the components parts of RBM including:
- logic models and strategic results framework
- integrated monitoring and evaluation
- the use of evidence from monitoring and evaluation in decision-making
- meaningful reporting to key stakeholders.
- The connections between the parts are mapped, and key features of a results culture identified, to show how the system should work as a unified whole. Key success factors are explored. Participants then use the model to identify strengths, weaknesses and gaps in their own RBM systems and cultures; and with hands-on facilitation from IMA experts, develop a strategy to address their priorities.