Does your work involve the processing of personal data? Do you want to become a Data Protection Officer (DPO)? Do you want to work as a professional and high-level expert at European level in the field of Data Protection? Do you want to gain the EIPA Certification in Data Protection?
Our certified Data Protection Certification course is designed to provide you with excellent preparation. It will answer your questions related to becoming a Data Protection Officer and high-level professional and it will help you deal with everyday data protection issues.
What this course covers:
- The European legal framework for data protection (including the GDPR);
- Key data protection concepts, principles and obligations;
- Actors, roles and responsibilities;
- The role of the DPO, the EDPS (European Data Protection Supervisor) and the national supervisory authorities;
- Severity assessment of data breaches and assurance role of the DPO (accountability, requirements and demonstrating compliance);
- Data protection audits, cyber security, privacy and digital sovereignty;
- Options and solutions for cross- border data transfer and third country data transfers;
- ePrivacy design and impact assessment;
- Grounds for processing, including legitimate interest and consent;
- The rights of data subjects and how to handle them.
By the end of the course, you will:
- be able to process and transfer personal data, and comply with data protection requirements in your day-to-day work;
- be better aware of severity assessments of data breaches, data protection audits, cyber security and privacy;
- have a good understanding of how things work in practice and a vision of the EU’s future in this field;
- have a solid basis for continuous learning as a Data Protection Officer afterwards;
- benefit directly from the insights of data protection experts, participate in professional
dialogues and benefit from networking opportunities during the course;
- obtain the EIPA attendance certificate;
- take the EIPA data protection certification examination;
- be able to qualify as a data protection professional at European level;
- develop your professional international network in the field of data protection.
Who should join this course:
- Data Protection Officers and other data protection professionals;
- Legal and IT professionals;
- Anyone, in both the public and private sectors, with proven working experience in the processing of personal data;
- Anyone who needs a certification at European level in order to advance their professional career;
- Candidates who wish to take and pass the examination.
Course methodology and highlights
We believe practical knowhow is the key to effective learning. This course therefore includes:
- detailed explanations of the key concepts, principles, actors and roles in the field of data protection and security;
- role plays and group exercises;
- preparatory workshop for the final certification examination (optional);
- insights with case law examples;
- input and coaching on practical issues encountered by participants from the DPO network, European institutions and agencies, Europol, Eurojust, EDPS, national authority, and other data protection experts;
- a highly interactive approach – the structure of the course will give you opportunities to ask questions and share experiences, knowledge, needs and challenges with the experts and other participants.
To optimise your experience, we also recommend that you follow the optional preparatory workshop for the certification examination, during which time will be devoted to a recap of the essentials, exercises, a discussion and a Q&A session.
After taking this course, you can join EIPA’s dedicated community of practice together with other former participants. Keep in touch and share your ideas with this growing community of professionals on EIPA’s Data Protection LinkedIn group.
3 Feb 2020 @ 09:00 am
7 Feb 2020 @ 01:00 pm
Duration: 4 days, 4 hours
22 Onze Lieve Vrouweplein
6211 HE Maastricht