The Finance for Non-finance Managers course is a 4-week online programme designed for managers and other staff who need to use financial skills in their work, but are not trained accountants. They may be working internationally in NGOs, government, UN agencies or private sector.
This course starts with the basics and gradually gives a thorough working knowledge of financial management, including ways of presenting funding proposals to maximise income. We use a mixture of approaches including weekly facilitator input, pair discussions, group work and individual activities. These provide you with the practical skills not only to know how the numbers are calculated, but also how to use finance information and systems in decision-making.
You will learn to use the techniques in your own organisation and with partners, and so see better decision-making and programme impact. The training includes a range of materials to use in your organisation’s activities, including the book Building Financial Management Capacity for NGOs and Community Organisations, written by one of the trainers.
You work from the comfort of your own home or office. You complete the course over 4 weeks with facilitated, scheduled live meetings, including four fixed date webinars. You will join a peer group of participants from different organisations and countries.
Course fee: £1250
IMA International facilitators will guide and mentor your learning process, providing you with:
1. Practical exercises and reflection activities
2. 4 guided 90-minute group webinars (recordings made available)
3. Paired and peer group work
4. Presentations and video inputs
5. User-friendly platform for accessing all materials, presentations and resources, sharing with your peer group and uploading your regular assignments to a dedicated portfolio
6. Written resources and web links
7. Relevant case studies
8. Opportunity to apply financial management skills and techniques in your workplace
9. Scheduled access to mentors
10. Personalised mentoring session as 3-month follow up
4 Aug 2020 @ 09:00 am
28 Aug 2020 @ 05:00 pm
Duration: 24 days, 8 hours