The aim of this online summer course is to give participants all the necessary tools for successful implementation of the EU General Data Protection Regulation in their daily practice. It will provide them with comprehensive knowledge of the fundamentals of European data protection law through interactive study of both relevant legislation and case law. The course will combine presentations and practical workshop activities, all led by high-level experts in the field.
- The implementation and enforcement of the GDPR
- Protection of citizens’ digital rights and available remedies in practice
- How to build a compliance strategy on personal data protection?
- The role of Data Protection Officers (DPOs)
- Crossroads of GDPR and E-privacy
- Data protection authorities’ tools for consistent GDPR implementation: One-Stop-Shop, consistency mechanism, enforcement powers and harmonisation of sanctions, role of the European Data Protection Board (EDPB)
- The EU toolkit for international data transfers
- Data protection implications for social media, big data, cloud computing, Internet of Things (IoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)