Option 5 days available.
What you will learn
Through a mix of practical activities, theory and examples of effective practice you will learn how to:
- decide what and how to monitor with different stakeholders
- clarify key results at the programme-level using logic models
- plan a project using the logical framework
- develop indicators and targets
- use participatory methods for data collection and analysis
- combine qualitative and quantitative approaches to gather and interpret data
- design and manage evaluation
- use your M&E findings to stimulate learning, improvement and stakeholder buy-in
- develop and work with a practical M&E system.
Daily Course Objectives
Week 1: Principles of M&E for Results
The changing role and practice of M&E
- M&E fundamentals
- results approaches: outputs, outcomes and impact
- relate M&E to your programme and project cycle
- identify stakeholders and their differing needs and roles.
- develop logic models
- work with and beyond logframes.
Developing M&E frameworks
- criteria for indicators
- develop project indicators
- identify means of verification.
- quantitative and qualitative approaches and instruments
- data organisation, quality assurance and analysis
- design baseline, evaluation and impact studies
M&E system and plan
- prepare M&E plan
- M&E system
- week 1 learning synthesis.
Week 2: Embedding key M&E practices and applying these to a local organisation
- practice data gathering tools
- use different tools to gather data in live context
- field work reflection.
Theory of Change
- develop a theory of change from the live data gathered during fieldwork
- relate theory of change thinking to M&E.
Information for decision-making
- review monitoring data
- use M&E information and evidence for decision-making.
Fostering a learning culture
- identify ways to foster a learning culture
- become M&E change agents and champions
- coaching and preparation for participant presentations.
Using what you have learnt
- participant presentations
- embedding learning for personal and organisational benefit
- becoming change agents for M&E.