- Overview of EU financial regulation and supervision
- EU financial law-making
- The European supervisory architecture (EBA, ESMA & EIOPA), the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM) and the role of the ECB
- Basel Capital Accords and the CRD/CRR bank capital adequacy requirements
- Bank crisis management: Single Resolution Mechanism (SRM), bank resolution and insolvency
- MiFID II/MiFIR and financial services regulation
- Market abuse regime: MAD/MAR
- Market transparency, prospectus requirements
- Climate finance: sustainable investments, ESG disclosure, green bonds, climate taxonomy
- Payments, clearing and settlement (PSD2, CBPR, EMIR, CSDR)
- FinTech, RegTech, SupTech, AI, cryptocurrencies and other virtual assets
Who should attend?
The course is aimed at legal practitioners seeking an introduction to the regulation and supervision of financial markets in the EU.
If you register for the face-to-face event and we are obliged to hold the event online-only, you will have the option either to switch to the online-only event (in which case we will reimburse you the difference) or to cancel your participation at no cost.