Harnessing the benefits of digitalisation for citizen-driven participation has the potential for a true impact on the 21st-century democracy-making. This is an irreversible paradigm shift, which needs to be further explored.
Therefore, this conference will enhance an inclusive debate on the promotion of citizen-led eDemocracy and help to identify how to further support its growth. The event will promote a more profound acceptance of the digital tools of civic participation by decision-makers and the society at large through the exchange of perspectives by practitioners, researchers, and leading policy-makers.
Key Note Speech by:
• Dubravka Šuica, European Commission Vice President, Democracy and Demography
Research presentation: "Next Level Participation - Citizen-driven e-democracy tools"
• Flavio Grazian, Participatory Democracy Manager, European Citizen Action Service
• Hendrik Nahr, Citizen Deliberation Coordinator, European Citizen Action Service
Panel discussion: How can the impact of citizen-driven e-democracy tools be strengthened throughout Europe?
• David Mair, Head of Unit, Knowledge for Policy: Concepts and Methods, Joint Research Centre, European Commission
• Elisa Lironi, Senior Manager European Democracy, European Citizen Action Service
• Svenja Hahn, Member of the European Parliament, Renew Europe Group (tbc)
• Milosz Hodun, Project Polska, Board Member
• Paulina Fröhlich, Progressives Zentrum, Head of Program ‘Future of Democracy’
The event is organised by the European Liberal Forum, with the support of the Friedrich Naumann Foundation, and with the involvement of the European Citizen Action Service (ECAS) and Projekt: Polska,
25 Feb 2021 @ 10:00 am
25 Feb 2021 @ 12:10 pm
Duration: 2 hours, 10 minutes