This course will provide a thorough introduction to European information technology law
- Internet regulation in the European Union
- Role, responsibility and accountability of online platforms
- Regulating e-commerce in Europe
- Information technologies and intellectual property law
- EU legal framework applicable to data: sui generis protection of databases, trade secrets protection, free flow of data, data privacy in the digital world, data concentration
- Online and smart contracts
- Private international law and information technologies
Visit to the CJEU in Luxembourg:
Participants in the summer course will have the opportunity to visit the European Court of Justice in Luxembourg.
Who should attend?
Practitioners seeking an introduction to European information technology law.