The training will provide attendees with:
• an overview of the EU architecture governing the regulation of audiovisual services and of online platforms
• an in-depth overview of the recently revised EU Audiovisual Media Services (AVMS) Directive and how these changes are implemented by the member states
• dedicated sessions on how TV channels and streamers need to contribute to the financing of the creative sector, on the prominence of services of general interest, new requirements on accessibility, and on signal integrity
• an in-depth overview of the Digital Services Act (DSA)
• a clear and practical overview of the relevant EU copyright framework and some national specificities
• an insight into initiatives recently proposed (or about to be proposed) by the European Commission to address media freedoms and democracy: online disinformation, political advertising and the upcoming Media Freedom Act
The training will contain some self-learning sessions and live (online) sessions.