Dr. Chithirai Pon Selvan obtained his Bachelors in Production Engineering, Masters in Computer Aided Design and Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering. Dr. Pon Selvan has over twenty years of experience in teaching, educational assessment, classroom management and student relations. He has published 100+ research articles in international journals and conferences. He has been invited and honored as key note speaker, session chair, resource person and technical committee member in various conferences in UAE, India, Thailand, Malaysia, UK, Germany & Italy. He has organized many conferences, workshops, seminars, exhibitions etc. and he is in the editorial board of more than 50 international journals. His research interests are in the areas of machine design, optimization techniques and manufacturing practices, particularly non-traditional manufacturing methods. He is well-known researcher in the field of Abrasive Waterjet Cutting Technology and has evaluated several Ph.D. theses in Mechanical Engineering from various universities. He is a member of “Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)”, “American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)”, “Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)” and “Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)”.
He has received several prestigious awards in UAE including the following.
• “Teaching Excellence Award (2013-2014)” from Manipal University, Dubai
• “Dubai Award for Sustainable Transport (2017)” from Road Transport Authority (RTA), Dubai
• “Dr. Kalam’s International Excellence Award for Education (2017)” from Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Lovers Foundation, UAE
• “Distinguished Conservation Project Award (2018)” from Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA), Dubai
• “Alleem Sustainability Researcher Award (2018)” form Alleem Research and Development Centre, Sharjah
He joined in Curtin University Dubai in July 2018 after serving 10 years in UAE, with Manipal University Dubai and Amity University Dubai.
Show less Show less of Dr. Chithirai’s summary
|4th International Conference on Materials Science & Engineering||Meetings Intern...||Jun 2019|