Did you obtain the EIPA Certification in Data Protection a few years ago? Do you wish to extend the validity of your Certificate with another two years?
Then attending this Refresher course is the course for you.
What you will refresh in this course:
- The EU legal framework for data protection
- Key data protection concepts, principles and obligations
- The role of DPO, EDPS and of the National data protection authorities.
- Cloud computing, big data, analytics, internet of things, Data Protection and Data Security
- Severity assessment of data breaches and assurance role of DPO (accountability requirements and demonstrating compliance)
- Data Protection Audit, Cyber-security, privacy and digital sovereignty
- Options and solutions for cross-border data transfer
- E-Privacy design and impact assessment.
By the end of the course, you will:
- Be able to process & transfer personal data, and comply with data protection issues in your day-to-day work
- Be better aware of applicable tools and existing practices in the field of Cloud computing, big data, analytics, internet of things, severity assessment of data breaches, Data Protection Audit, Cyber-security and privacy
- Have a solid understanding of how things work in practice and a vision of the EU future in this field
- Have a solid basis for continuous learning on the DPO afterwards
- Benefit directly from the insights of Data Protection experts, participate in professional
dialogues and benefit from the networking opportunity during the course
- Get the EIPA attendance certificate
- Receive your extended qualification as a Data Protection Professional at European level
- Develop your professional international network in the field of Data Protection.
Who is this course for:
- Data Protection Officers and Professionals, who already hold the EIPA DPO Certificate.
Course methodology and highlights:
We believe learning happens best with practical knowledge. So this course includes:
- Detailed explanations of the key concepts, principles, its actors and roles in the field of data protection and security
- Role play and group exercises
- (Optional) Preparatory Workshop for the final certification exam
- Extensive insights with multiple case law examples
- Inputs and coaching on practical demands from participants by DPOs network, European institutions and agencies, Europol, Eurojust, EDPS, National Authority, and other Data Protection experts
Very interactive approach. The module’s structure will give you the possibilities to ask questions, share experience, knowledge, needs and challenges with the experts and other participants.
3 Dec 2018 @ 09:00 am
5 Dec 2018 @ 05:00 pm
Duration: 2 days, 8 hours
22 Onze Lieve Vrouweplein
6211 HE Maastricht