This 3-day training course provides a complete insight into the financial management and administration of Horizon 2020 projects, and EC financial audits. It will help you ensure that the day-to-day bookkeeping as well as the periodic and financial reports of your H2020 projects are sound and fully conform with the requirements of the H2020 Grant Agreement and ready for an EC audit.
Facts and doubts about H2020 financial management and administration
- Eligibility of various costs in H2020 may depend on various factors and differ on a case-by-case basis.
Do you know how to interpret the H2020 AMGA and make the right decisions?
- Calculation of personnel costs is the most common source of problems in financial reporting and audits.
Do you know how to make your time-sheets bulletproof and your salary calculation correct?
- Financial rules of Horizon 2020 differ from the financial rules of FP7 on several instances.
Do you know what these differences are and what implications they have on your accounting and administration processes?
- EC financial audits at H2020 beneficiaries can be conducted directly by the Commission services or by external contractors.
Do you know how the financial audits are conducted and how to get prepared for both approaches?
Why participate in the "H2020 Master of Finance and Administration and EC Audits" course?
1. Trainers are actual Project Managers and Coordinators
This 3-day training course is built 100% on project experience and real-life examples. Our trainers and workshop leaders are flesh-and-bone financial managers and administrators, whose daily work is to prepare financial reports and control budgets, manage project spending and assist our project partners in their financial management. Their projects were recently subject of an EC audit.
2. Lectures and practical workshops on Financial Reporting
Experience Europa Media's unique "learning-by-doing" approach – hear presentations in the morning, then use your newly-acquired knowledge during the workshops:
- Horizon 2020 Financial Rules
Introducing the financial rules from the very basics to the most advanced issues using a practical, real-life ;
- Workshop: Financial Management and Reporting
Discover the well-known and utterly unique workshop of Europa ;Participants will receive a package consisting of timesheets, salary slips, invoices, contracts, per-diem certificates and mission reports for a virtual H2020 project. They will then have to calculate the eligible costs and submit a financial statement.
- EC Audits
Participants will be briefed on the EC financial audit process. Financial rules and bottlenecks, tricks and mistakes to focus on will be introduced.
- Workshop: EC Audit
You will become an auditor for a day! Participants in small groups will perform a financial audit of a virtual Horizon 2020 project based on the documentation provided by us.